Friday, September 04, 2009

I wish...

I wish he would give me a second chance. Another one for me to prove him wrong. As I was going through the tanned coloured album filled with our pictures, tears rolled down ceaselessly, damping the piece of tissue I had in my loosely held fist. Mike reckoned I was a spoilt brat. He said that I was no one if I was not in the bosom of my family. He said I would be helpless without him so he somewhat volunteered to help my family to assist me and fulfil my desires. I held out a derisory smile. “As if you had never loved me, Mike,” I said. Mike smiled back and hastily gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek too.

I had cherished the moments and memories I had with him. The memorable moments are still having a euphoric effect on me. I remember buying bouquet garni for him to cook a delicious bowl of bouille for the first time. As that was the first time I was instructed to do what I reckoned was a servant’s job. Didn’t I mention I was a millionaire’s daughter and that I lived an opulent lifestyle? Mike was the first person that had halted me from all the girlish and arrogant acts. He treated me as if I was normal in the sense that I was moderate in economic wise. The first time we met, I was not used to his demeanour so I thought he had treated me contemptuously.

We went out last spring, together. He brought me to places I had never been to. Experienced the hardship of some suburb citizens and also what he called art. We had been cycling side by side in the garden. The lush surroundings were colourised by flowers opened so wide that the floral scent was strong throughout. I fell in love with the cerise-coloured ones so Mike became the gardener as he planted dozens of them in my garden. For my 21st birthday, Mike brought me out of my house for dinner. He was indeed fastidious in everything he does. Although this was the first time I did not celebrate my birthday in a five-star hotel, I enjoyed it. Can you imagine the whole garden was decorated as what you loved so much? Mike had filled the sky with small decorative light bulbs so the sky that night will be starry, he lit pink and white coloured candles and made his best steak. It was truly amazing I tell you.

Life was never as what you had imagined all the time. When the rainbow once coloured the sky and the magical unicorns were vanished, they shall never return. Then all that was left was deshabelle land. Hard-to-bear situations will keep repeating until you choose to leave them yourself. What Mike said was quite true when a terrifying news struck me. “I hereby declare the death of Mr and Mrs Hudson,” the doctor said without a pause. It was on the 21st of June that I broke down in tears and could never climb back up to the harsh reality. “It was the end of the world!” I said to Mike as he tried to comfort me. From that day on, I locked myself in my room and had never came out of it. Not even sunshine was allowed into my once bright and lovely bedroom. It was dark and mundane. A week past, I was overtaken by the silent yet devastating devil in me. I hoped for nothing but to end my miserable and desperate life. I despised myself. So I drove to a nearby cliff and decided to make my one last jump but a phone call from Mike had stopped me, jolted me out from the situation. I drove as fast as I could right after I was informed that Mike was severely injured in a car accident. I rushed to room 240 and held my cold hands onto his. Just when I wanted to say my last words, Mile left me without giving me a chance to bid goodbye. The room was melancholic. The nurses were looking with a solemn facial expression. One of them passed me Mike’s diary. “He wants you to look at it, that’s what he said.” I flipped to the recent diary entrance and the paragraph awaken me from my unconsciousness. “ Tiara, I love you, but you will end like what I had once predicted. You could not stand alone without your family, could you?” I hate sarcastic words from Mike as it always challenges me. I wanted to say he was wrong, but I had no chance. “MIKE! WAKE UP! Give me another chance to show you that I can still live!” No matter how hard I cried and shouted at him, he did not reply. Deep down in me, I am aware that although he could not see me live mortally, he could still see me from heaven. Till now, Mike was wrong about me as I am still ALIVE!

0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr